Baby blue sky, winter wind and sunlight through large window panes frame my morning today. It is the cusp of a new year, the old already having brought much newness into our lives. New realities, new jobs, new and ever-changing living arrangements, new perspectives, new hearts.
Some of the newness beautiful, some difficult, yet by faith we believe that it is all working together for our good.
As a new year beckons (and in celebration of my 100th post!!) I want to record a few little dreams for the upcoming year, in hopes that I can look back in a year's time and say 'yes and amen' and it will be good.
New Year Dreams:
1. a settled place to call our own
2. jobs which use our giftings and serve others
3. God's wisdom for Big Decisions we will have to make
4. constant pursual of God in all we do
5. a little furball to grace our home again
6. and oh, I know it's a crazy time to add children to this list, but in hope (and probably moments of insanity...), I do.
2011 taught us many things. It taught us that home is where your heart is, and for us that was with each other, in many different places. I learned aspects of grace, thankfulness and radical trust that I have not known before. As we look ahead, out into the unknown, I will hold these words in my heart,
'For I know the plans I have for you' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future'.
Jeremiah 29:11 1984 NIV
and this little gem,
May your new year be filled with hope, gratitude and all things good.