- Last Friday I headed out on the town for a girl's night out with four dear, wonderful women. We enjoyed a fondue feast at The Melting Pot and talked the night away. Despite my aversion to raw meat on a plate, it was actually quite fabulous to consume your meal in perfectly simmered (sometimes overdone to be on the safe side) bite-sized portions. Even better was the chance to get out for more consecutive hours than we usually do, and just. talk. And laugh, and ask for more mushrooms and collectively agree that if we wanted to, we could drink the salted caramel dark chocolate fondue straight out of the pot. Oh, it was fun.
- I am feeling quite opinionated these days, strong views on things like education, and those crazy articles people post on facebook have risen in my chest. I don't say much because I know I'll inevitably offend someone. So if you receive an e-mail from me about some random topic, it's because I know you'll understand. Have you seen how Sheldon (from the sitcom Big Bang Theory) twitches when he can't spew his crazy information on people? Yep, that's me.
- There is not one solitary snowflake on the ground in this town and it is the end of October. I am thrilled and wistfully hope that we can make it through November without shovelling ourselves out (though I know it's wishful thinking). To all of you already listening to Christmas music - stop - it is too early. It is still fall. Technically, the first day of winter is not until December 21st. Whoever made that decision does not live in Canada.
- I am reading through John again, it has to be my favourite book of the Bible. There is so much treasure there. One of my favourites; "In Him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it." John 1:4,5
- Our Slave Lake house has had a few viewings, but no offers yet. We kind of forget about it as we go on about life here. I'll remember it more often once we start receiving winter energy bills. It really needs to sell.
- Take Joy Designs is making an appearance at a local handmade Christmas Craft Sale later this month. I have been hard at work on some cute chalkboard Christmas pieces and a few card ideas. It will be my first ever craft sale as a vendor. Exciting, kind of scary, but it will be fun right? Right.
- Our wall-neighbors in the condo like to play loud thump-y music sometimes. I join in by unashamedly belting out some Zerbin or Gabrielle Aplin. Then the thumping music stops. I'm not sure whether I should be offended, or glad that my warbling put an end to bad next-door music.
Speaking of music, I'm loving this song right now:
Matt Redman - Never Once (Live)
"Never once, did we ever walk alone. Never once, did you leave us on our own. You are faithful, God, you are faithful."
Beautiful and true. I remember where we have come from, I'm loving where we are in the present (even with all the unknowns) and I know God can be trusted with each and every day in the future.
Whatever your week has held, whatever these days bring you, may you know the joy of friendship, the lightness of laughter, the faithfulness of God in hard times, and His love that can fill every corner of your heart.